Summer learning journey – Unleash your inner artist activity 1

Kia ora my name is Leeya and I am going to share with you my summer learning journey as i complete the activities throughout the Summer.  Today for my task I had to explore artworks from different cultures then pick a piece of artwork to colour.  The design i picked was Hanukkah and I picked the candles. Once I had done that I watched a video on what to do. I tried to be really creative with my design. Then I had to take a screenshot of it.

I didn’t know what Hanukkah was, so I have learnt today what this celebration is. Hanukkah is a Jewish festival that reaffirms the ideas of judaism and commemorates in particular the rededication of the second Temple of jerusalem by the lighting of candles on each day of the festival.

Here is a picture of  my candles.

I will see you on my next adventure

3 thoughts on “Summer learning journey – Unleash your inner artist activity 1

1. Kia Ora Leeya,

My name is Theresa and I am one of the Summer Learning Journal bloggers this year.

It is awesome to see that you have registered for the Summer Learning Journey. Did you know that the first task is now live. Everyone who participates will receive a certificate and a digital badge for their blog and there are some great prizes up for grabs for our most active bloggers. It’s also a lot of fun! You can check out the blog here.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work

Ngā mihi
    Theresa

2. Hi Leeya,

I am so excited to see you participating in The Summer Learning Journey. Your siblings enjoyed learning lots of new facts. The main thing was they had lots of fun.
    So I am looking forward to reading all the fascinating things you learn along the way.

Today from reading your blog, I learnt about Hanukkah. I had heard about it but didn’t know what they were celebrating. Thank you for sharing.

Keep up the awesome blogs, I am excited to read you next blog.
    Romana aka Mum

1. Kia ora Romana aka mum, I’m very glad that you learnt something new . I hope you enjoy my blogs that I will be posting out time to time merry christmas and a happy new year.