First camp ever!

Kia Ora, two weeks ago we went on a school camp to the Bay of Islands. So in the morning on Monday we all arrived at school at 7:15 in the morning, packed our bags into the bus, said goodbye to our parents and we were off. I felt quite scared because I had never been away from my Mum, Sister and Brother for a whole five days but I pushed through it cause I had my dad by my side the whole time.

My favourite day was day four because we got to go kayaking at Urupukapuka Island. But before that we went on a ferry to get to the Island. Once we got to the Island we saw where we were going to kayak then went for a massive walk up hills, down hills and back around to where we were kayaking. When we got there we all got changed into our togs then half of us went kayaking while the others went swimming. I went swimming first. It was soooo cold. Then it was time to kayak. The day had finished and we had finished our showers and it was time to Kiwi Hunt. We had colour groups and we went group by group. Our group colour got called and we were off. there was part of a tree that was so tall. One of our teachers was climbing over it and laughed and scared all the kiwis away! So I didn’t get to see any kiwis.

Bye for now.