Summer Learning Journey – One-Line Artwork – Activity 1

These are some of my favourite activities because I enjoy being creative.  Firstly I had to watch a couple of videos explaining easy line drawings.  I then got to have fun and draw  my own one-line drawing.

I chose to draw this line because it’s a self portrait of myself, and the reason I chose these colors was pink is my favourite colour and I wear pink hair ties most days.  I couldn’t find a black colouring pencil so I used a normal pencil to colour my hair.

Hope you enjoyed my self portrait.  I look forward to trying some more of these drawings, even though it was a little hard.  I think with some more practice I will get better.

Blog you next time.

One thought on “Summer Learning Journey – One-Line Artwork – Activity 1

1. Hi Leeya,

It’s Emma here again,

If I didn’t know this drawing was made using only one line I would never have guessed. You have managed to include so much detail including all your facial features and even the right hairstyle! You have done an awesome job.

Using only one line to create artwork can be very tricky, I find you have to think about every move much more carefully. With more practice as you said, I’m certain you will master it! I like one-line art because I think it often makes the artwork more interesting and unusual. It reminds me a lot of Picasso, who is a painter known for his abstract portraits and use of funky shapes and colours. Have you heard of him before?

What is your favourite style of art? Do you like art with lots of colour and funky shapes? I love artwork that involves colour and lots of detail. I love looking at a painting and noticing something different every time I go back to it.

Thanks for sharing Leeya!

Emma – SLJ