Summer learning journey – Poetry Slam – Rua – Shape poems activity 1

Kia ora and for today’s summer learning journey activity I had to first of all watch a video that shows two types of shape poems and one made by a sports player. Then I had to make a google drawing and write a poem. After I had To make a recording of me saying my poem it took me like five tries till I got it just how I wanted it. Lastly I Had to fill in this form to enter my poem into the poetry slam.

Here is a link to my document to my poem

Here is a recording of my poem down below

3 thoughts on “Summer learning journey – Poetry Slam – Rua – Shape poems activity 1

1. Kia ora Leeyah,

It’s Charlotte here, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Well done on the ‘Poetry Slam – Rua’ activity!

How did you find this task? I think the Poetry Slam challenges are awesome because they challenge you to think creatively! My favourite line from your poem was ‘It keeps Mother Earth healthy’, I like how you thought of this because it is so important to look after our earth and keep it healthy. What are some other ways we can look after Mother Earth?

Well done on uploading your voiceover video onto your blog post. You read your story with lots of expression which helped your poem come to life!

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

2. Ka pai Leeya. I love the way you presented your poem visually and the way you performed it with such great expression. Well done for being resilient and having five goes at your video. I think it took me about that may when making the video instructions for the Poetry Slam tasks. Keep up the awesome mahi!

3. Hey Leeya,

Looks like I answered my own question from your last blog. This is another great recording. You seem to have a natural talent for it. Clear and precise again, not fast or slow just the perfect reading speed.

Love seeing you keep trying things even when they don’t go the way you wanted them to. Keep up the enthusiasm for your learning.

Romana aka Mum