Summer Learning Journey – Toa Samoa – Wave that flag activity 1

Kia ora welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to be talking about the samoan flag and what things mean on the flag. I had to listen to a video of people talking about Samoans in Auckland celebrating as Toa Samoa took on the kangaroos. After I  listened to what they were saying I had to read a story about it. Then I had to watch a video of the meanings of the flag. Here is a photo of my poster explaining what I learnt about their flag.

Have you learnt something new? Do you have a flag you feel connected to?  I know I do.  I feel connected to the New Zealand flag as this is where I am from, but also I feel connected to the Maori flag as I am a Maori descendant.

I hope you enjoyed.

Bye

2 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey – Toa Samoa – Wave that flag activity 1

1. Afternoon Leeya,

Another informative blog post. I love discovering what different flags represent. Its quite interesting that we are not the only country to have the Southern Cross as part of our flag. Do you know how many countries have the Southern Cross as part of their flags?

Great blogging
    Romana aka Mum

2. Mōrena Leeya,

This is Zana from the Summer Learning Journey. I really enjoy this activity because it is great to see everyone learning about different cultures and connecting them to their own culture.

This is a very informative post with some great deep dives into the many meanings hidden in the Samoan flag. I think a lot of people are not informed on the significance of certain aspects of country flags such as the colors and symbols.

I see you feel connected to the Maori flag, I do as well as I am also Maori. Are their any interesting facts about our flag that you know?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Ka kite anō,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ